While I'm off playing with the kids for summer, I have Sofia Grey with us today! Please give her a warm welcome as she tours to promote her new novel, Obsession. Happy reading!
Mr and Mrs Angry
Continuing with my theme of dark personality traits, do you know a Mr Angry? They’re everywhere! And have you noticed, it’s often the height-challenged guys who have the biggest chips on their (low) shoulders? Anger comes in all shapes and sizes. It takes a lot to get me angry. I will simmer on a low burn for ages, but when I blow my top… people scatter. My son runs for cover and my hubby sighs and braces himself for the outburst. However, it’s usually all over pretty quickly, I don’t go in for the lingering rows.
I’m not sure what’s worse, the furious blazing row or the long, drawn out one. And then you get the people who hold it bottled inside for ever, until it starts to taint their very existence.
In Obsession, Gabe Bridgewater is fiercely controlled in all aspects of his life. Like me, it takes a lot to push him over the edge.
I’ve made a point of never losing control. I’ve never gotten drunk, didn’t touch drugs and always remained aware of my surroundings. I’d become famous for it, in our circle of friends, at least. But this…
I wanted to hit something. Or someone. In a blaze of fury, I swept my arm across the desktop and shoved everything onto the floor. My heart raced as though I’d run a marathon.
My eyes were drawn to the shattered china mug on the floor, the hot tea trickling down the wall to join the puddle blooming on the carpet. It’s a good thing Suki had already left for work.
So what kind of Angry Person are you? The continuous low background grumble or the furious explosion? Leave a comments and I’ll put your name into a draw for a copy of Obsession.
Obsession is available 12 June 2013, from Time & Tide Publishing.
Josh Delaney is the ideal honey trap.
His charm and model good looks would be enough for most women, but coupled with his psychic ability to read their thoughts, he’s impossible to resist. Suspicious husbands employ him to test their wives, to see if they can be tempted to stray.
High profile couple Suki and Gabe Bridgewater have the perfect marriage, or at least, that’s the image they portray to the world. Behind closed doors, Gabe’s dominance in the marriage is unravelling and he decides to test Suki, using Josh as bait.
For Josh it should be just another easy job, but two things go horribly wrong.
One, Josh falls in love with Suki.
And two, Gabe refuses to let her go.
Blog tours are fun to take part in, these are my stops:
- 12 June - Layne Macadam (http://laynemacadam.blogspot.co.nz/)
- 13 June – Laura Kaye (http://laurakayeauthor.blogspot.co.nz/)
- 14 June – Lissa Matthews (http://lissamatthews.com/blog/)
- 15 June - Cover Reveals website (http://coverreveals.blogspot.co.nz/)
- 16 June –Ella Frank (http://ellafrank30.wordpress.com/)
- 17 June - Allyson Lindt (http://blog.apathyshero.com/)
- 18 June – Parker Kincade (http://parkerkincade.blogspot.co.nz/)
- 20 June –Trish McCallan (http://trishmccallan.blogspot.co.nz/)
- 21 June – Tina Carreiro (tinacarreiro.blogspot.com/)
- 23 June - Silken Sheets &Seduction (http://silkensheetsandseduction.wordpress.com/)
- 26 June – Sotia Lazu (http://justsotia.blogspot.co.nz/)
- 29 June - Love Lust & Laptops (http://lovelustandlaptops.wordpress.com/)
Romance author Sofia Grey spends her days managing projects in the corporate world and her nights hanging out with wolf shifters and alpha males. She devours pretty much anything in the fiction line, but she prefers her romances to be hot, and her heroes to have hidden depths. When writing, she enjoys peeling back the layers to expose her characters’ flaws and always makes them work hard for their happy endings.
Find her at: www.sofiagrey.com and on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/sofiagrey1, or on Twitter @SofiaGreyAuthor
* images courtesy of 123rf.com